Jennifer was born near San Francisco, where her mother’s family settled after emigrating from Santa Ana, El Salvador in the 1960s. Her father’s family emigrated from Tripoli, Greece, passing through Ellis Island in New York en route to California. Her family’s diverse, multicultural heritage inspired her to pursue a profession where she could help others live and work in the United States.
Jennifer is based in Roanoke, Virginia where she lives with her husband Rob and their daughter Elena. They enjoy hiking, attending local sport events, and traveling as a family.
Before moving to Virginia, Jennifer graduated from the University of California-Davis. While there, she was co-captain of the UC-Davis Mock Trial Team and served as the Professional Chair of Phi Alpha Delta, a coeducational pre-law fraternity. She worked as a research assistant on gender communication strategies in diverse communities and graduated with honors with degrees in Sociology with a Law Emphasis and Communication.
Jennifer attended Washington & Lee University School of Law in Lexington, Virginia, where she developed her interest for immigration law. While there, she served as Vice President of the Latin American Law Student Association, volunteered as a student attorney in the Immigration Law Clinic, and helped lead the Moot Court program as Vice Chair.
Memberships & Associations
- President, Board of Directors,
Blue Ridge Literacy
- Board Member,
Virginia Nonprofit Law Center
- Member and Social Media Subcommittee Chair,
VSB Special Committee on Access to Legal Services
American Immigration Lawyers Association
Roanoke Bar Association
- Past President,
Virginia Women Attorneys Association Roanoke Chapter
- Past Director at Large and Communications Committee Chair,
Virginia Women Attorneys Association
- Past Member,
TAP Domestic Violence Services Advisory Commission
- Past Member,
VSB Special Committee on Technology and Practice of Law
- Immigration Law Overview, Virginia Institute for Lifelong Learning, Radford University
- Law Enforcement and the Immigrant Community, Family Violence Coordination Council Conference, Roanoke Police Academy
- T Visas, U Visas, and the Violence Against Women Act, Total Action for Progress Domestic Violence Services and Sexual Assault Response and Awareness
- Notario Fraud and Immigration Consequences, Regional Immigration Community Meeting, Roanoke City Public Schools
- Ethical Considerations in Pro Bono Webinar, VSB National Pro Bono Celebration Kickoff
- Social Justice Issues in Immigration Law, Bonner Program Presentation, Washington & Lee University
- Overview of the United States Immigration System, Annual Bonner Congress, Washington & Lee University
- U.S. Immigration: Exploring Avenues for Legal Status and the Great Immigration Debate, Graduate Course Presentation, Virginia Tech
- Advancement of Women in the Legal Profession, Lara D. Gass Women in the Law Symposium, Washington & Lee University School of Law
- GPS Your Purpose, Summit on Social Impact Careers, Washington & Lee University
- On the Horizon: Bridging the Justice Gap with Web-Based Solutions, Virginia Lawyer Magazine
- Access to Legal Justice 2.0, Virginia Lawyer Magazine