Farmville Detention Center – Farmville, Virginia

Has a loved one been detained by immigration authorities at the detention center in Farmville, Virginia? You are probably wondering what happens next. Whether your loved one qualifies for relief depends on a variety of factors – every case is different.

At the Virginia Immigration Law Center, we spend time together going through the details of the case to formulate a plan of action. You can contact our firm by phone at (540) 358-5593 to schedule a free 60-minute consultation to discuss potential options.

Who operates the Farmville Detention Center?

The Farmville detention center is operated by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), a federal government agency.

Where is the Farmville Detention Center located?

The Farmville detention center is located at 508 Waterworks Rd., Farmville, VA, 23901. Click here for directions.

How can I find out if someone is in the Farmville Detention Center?

In order to find out information about someone who is housed at the detention center, call (434) 395-8114, ext. 1002, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. When you call, you need to have the following information: first name, last name, any aliases, date of birth, and, country of birth.

Can someone at the Farmville Detention Center receive calls?

A person in the facility cannot receive incoming calls. However, you can leave messages for someone in the detention center. Call (434) 395-8114, ext. 1000, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., to leave a message. Be sure to include the person’s full name, alien registration number, your name, and your number.

Can someone at the Farmville Detention Center receive emails?

The Detainee Messaging Program (D-Mail) allows friends and family members to send emails to those in the facility. You can correspond with a detainee by going to Corr Links, where you need to create an account and select the individual you want to send a message to. The cost to send one message to a detainee is $0.30. There is no charge to receive messages and there is no limit to the number of messages your loved one can receive.

Is visitation allowed at the Farmville Detention Center?

Visitation is open every day, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. For some visitors, you may be limited in the days of the week you can visit your loved depending on their classification level. To find out when you can visit, call (434) 395-8114, ext. 1002 for more information.

A few tips on visitation:

  • Arrive 15 minutes in advance.
  • Bring a government issued I.D.
  • Do not bring any items to give to the person in the detention center.
  • Do not bring any cell phones or other electronic devices inside the facility.
  • Children must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian.
  • Visits are typically limited to one hour.

Can I mail anything to someone in the Farmville Detention Center?

Yes, you may send letters to someone in the facility. Mail your letters to your loved one addressed to “[Full Name] [Last Four Digits of Alien Registration Number], Farmville Field Office, 508 Waterworks Rd., Farmville, VA, 23901.” 

For example, address your letter: John Doe #1234, Farmville Field Office, 508 Waterworks Rd., Farmville, VA, 23901.

A few tips about letters:

  • Your letter will be opened for security purposes but not read.
  • You can send money for the person to buy items at the facility. The money will be deposited into the person’s facility account.
  • Your loved one can buy stamps at the facility and mail you an unlimited number of letters.

If your loved one will be leaving the facility for travel or release from federal custody, you can send items for that purpose (clothes, etc.) to the detention center. No electronic devices may be sent to anyone in the facility. Note, if your loved one is being removed from the United States, they may take one small piece of luggage.

How do I apply for an immigration bond?

If your loved one is facing deportation, it is very important to speak with an immigration lawyer to discuss eligibility for an immigration bond.

An immigration bond may be available when an individual is put into removal proceedings. The person who posts the immigration bond must show a valid, picture government I.D. and have lawful immigration status. This person is responsible for ensuring that the immigrant appears when requested by the immigration court or agency.

An immigration lawyer can help you understand your options for an immigration bond. For more information, please call us at (540) 358-5593.